Share/Bookmark

Nur Nadhirah Palace


Nur Nadhirah Palace

This palace was erected in the 1920s after the signing of the Agreement between Terengganu and Great Britain in 1919, under which the Terengganu Government was to provide official accommodation to the British Advisor.
The palace became the residence of Governor Shuchiji Kakha (Shu Chokan Kakha) when Terengganu was under the Japanese regime, and of the Thai Governor while under Siamese rule.
It was then the abode of the British Advisor since after World War Two until December 1956.
When the country achieved independence from the British, the palace became the official dwelling of His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince of Terengganu, the current Sultan of Terengganu.

The Palace was given the name Nur Nadhirah in 1998.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...